Sunday, June 27, 2010

Upcoming Reviews

In true Late to the Game fashion, I'm downloading games that have been out awhile, and reviewing them only after finishing.

What to expect in the near future:

Mass Effect

I recently downloaded and finished this game. At the moment, I'm replaying the game in two different classes and paths, so I can provide a well-rounded review of it.

Star Control 2

There were plenty of similarities between Mass Effect and Star Control 2, and so I felt compelled to write this review. I'll be taking a critical look at where it stands then and how it stands up today. Full disclosure, though - this is my all-time favorite game.

Still to come:

Batman: Arkham Asylum

I've barely managed to finish the first hour or so of this game. While I was initially unimpressed, most people told me to get to scarecrow first. Well, I got to him. I will beat this game before posting a review. Don't expect the usual fanfare.

Mass Effect 2

After finishing the first, I had to continue the journey. So far, I'm impressed. It remains buggy on my system, and yet I'm enjoying it.

Knights of the Old Republic

This is the game that inspired me to give Mass Effect a serious look, and a classic. I'll talk about its advantages and its limitations. How does it hold up?

Fallout 1, 2, and 3

Having played and beat all three (not including DLC), this is a long time coming. How does the reboot (3) compare to the first 2?

Deus Ex

The ultimate multi-path game, Deus Ex is remembered fondly as a classic First Person Shooter/Action-RPG (the FPRPS, as I've heard it called), which is now an emerging genre.

Back to the Future:
Bioshock 1 & 2

These games are well regarded, but never initially appealed to me. It's now of interest.

System Shock 1 & 2

And speaking of, the series of games that 2K developed before Bioshock, the spiritual beginnings.

I still need to find and download these games. Any leads would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment